Frankly speaking, I didn't exactly know what a blog is before! Last semester, I had to do the pros and cons of blogs. Though I managed to do it, "blog" was still a blur topic to me. Even until the early of this semester, I still couldn't understand what a blog is. If you don't believe me, ask Nashrah. I kept asking her for clarification about blogs. Well, now I know. It is quite similar to friendster, only it isn't a place to find friends. In a way, it does help you connect with friends but it isn't the main purpose for all this stuff.
Technically, blogging is a better way to teach students as all of the information can be found in weblog. We're all human beings and therefore sleeping, daydreaming, talking, gossiping, and eating in classes are normal behaviours of students. Hence, by doing a weblog, students are able to catch up with the lesson missed, plus the teachers don't have to waste their time and energy repeating the same thing again. Still, lessons in class are important too. Sometimes, when we ask for information on exams, the teachers tend to be reluctant to tell us-i know that that is their responsibity anyway. Teachers too are human beings, somehow or rather, their body language can show a thousand pictures and can be interpreted by the students. So, in my opinion, this kind of question is more suitable to be asked in class as we, the students, will be able to guess the teachers' gestures.
I would recommend teachers to do weblogs according to the students' preference and responsibility. If the students don't do what they are supposed to do, to be specific, they go to other websites such as Friendster, Myspace and etc. before they finished their in-class assignment, then I suppose the internet access should be cut off. It is a pity if the convenience is taken away as there's a lot of things that one would gain from blogging. One can learn a lot of information from other people's blogs as blogs usually have links, that link one's blog to other blogs or websites.
Reading someone's blog is interesting as one can be critical not only towards the blog itself, but also the layout too, whether it is colourful or dull, positively or negatively done or perhaps, a plain, just and simple kind of blog. I believe, the layout too can show one's personality. So, everyone, feel free to judge my layout!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment